GeoInsight, Inc. is pleased to announce the following opportunity in our Middletown, Connecticut office. We are seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Scientist or Geologist with 3 to 8 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry in Connecticut.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage various project tasks with minimal supervision;
- Perform field-oriented tasks including collecting soil, groundwater, and air samples, taking measurements, performing elevation and location surveys, and evaluating site conditions;
- Coordinate and oversee drilling activities, including logging soil borings, classifying soil, and installing monitoring wells in soil and bedrock formations;
- Coordinate and oversee construction, site redevelopment, and remediation activities;
- Assist with environmental compliance audits, permitting, and planning;
- Produce reports and other documents that demonstrate solid technical writing and critical thinking capabilities;
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard technical principles and procedures while using independent judgment;
- Collaborate with other members within the organization to help complete projects successfully;
- Self-manage and self-motivate to handle multiple projects while producing quality results within the time constraints of each project;
- Utilize working knowledge of key regulatory guidelines and regulations, including the Connecticut Remediation Standard Regulations;
- Establish working relationships with peers, clients, and vendors while providing a high degree of mutual respect and integrity with each interaction; and
- Be able to learn quickly and take on continuously more challenging assignments.
Candidates for consideration should have approximately 3 to 8 years of environmental consulting experience and at minimum a B.S. degree within an environmental science or geology discipline. An M.S. degree, 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training, affiliations and/or certifications with professional associations, and networking capabilities are also desired.
GeoInsight is supportive of personal and professional growth. Our work environment favors assertiveness, creativity, and forward thinking, and you will join other individuals that place a high value on working hard and having fun.