GeoInsight, Inc. is pleased to announce the following opportunity in our Middletown, Connecticut office. We are seeking an Entry-Level Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer with 1 to 4 years of experience in the Environmental Consulting industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidates for consideration should have 1 to 4 years of Environmental Consulting experience and at minimum a B.S. degree within an environmental science, geology, or environmental engineering discipline. 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and affiliations and/or certifications with professional associations are also desired.
- Perform field-oriented tasks including collection of data and measurements, evaluation of site conditions, and review of pertinent site documents;
- Conduct soil, groundwater, air, and surface water sampling;
- Oversee drilling activities, including logging soil borings, classifying soil, and installing monitoring wells in soil and bedrock formations;
- Perform environmental site assessments of varying complexity;
- Oversee site redevelopment and remediation activities;
- Assist with environmental compliance audits, permitting, and planning;
- Produce written reports and related documents that demonstrate solid technical writing and critical thinking capabilities;
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard technical principles and procedures while using independent judgment;
- Ability to collaborate with other members within the organization to help complete projects successfully;
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate to handle multiple projects while producing quality results within the time constraints of each project;
- Establish working relationships with peers, clients, and vendors while providing a high degree of mutual respect and integrity with each interaction; and
- Be able to learn quickly and take on continuously more challenging assignments.
GeoInsight is supportive of personal and professional growth. Our work environment favors assertiveness, creativity, and forward thinking, and you will join other individuals that place a high value on working hard and having fun.
Please forward your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
186 Granite Street, 3rd Floor, Suite A
Manchester, NH 03101
E-mail: [email protected]