EHS/Compliance Services | Auditing and Program Development
GeoInsight has provided our insurance company client with environmental auditing, compliance, and environmental, health, and safety (EHS) training support for more than seven years. From annual Tier II reporting, SPCC program development, on-site site-specific training, and hazardous waste management to on-going annual “spot-check” auditing, our work with this client demonstrates GeoInsight’s ability to establish and maintain long-term relationships and truly become a partner in achieving compliance goals.
Auditing We helped our client use auditing to develop a focused corrective action program at each of three facilities. From the audit, we developed a matrix of prioritized findings to guide the development of the facilities’ EHS programs that included reference to the major regulatory programs and specific regulatory citations; a brief description of the specific regulation; an applicability determination and triggers; and recommendations for compliance.
Comprehensive EHS support services Our initial and on-going EHS support includes:
- “Spot” auditing focused on air; hazardous waste; solid waste; wastewater; stormwater; hazardous and universal waste; oil and hazardous material release prevention; water supply and underground injection; aboveground and underground storage tanks; chemical inventory management and reporting; and oil management, storage, disposal and spill control
- EHS program development and
- Compliance reporting including Tier II inventory reports, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC), Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT), and Air Source Registration reporting to the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP)
Based upon the recommendations from the auditing tasks, GeoInsight worked with our client to develop and implement site-specific on-site training including:
- Right-to Know Act (i.e., Hazardous Communication)
- Hazardous Waste Management and
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention
Scope of Services
- Comprehensive Auditing Support
- EHS Training Services
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Planning
- Annual Compliance Reporting
The project initially included completing comprehensive compliance audits at two high rise office buildings located in downtown Boston, as well as our client’s associated private 30,000 square foot airplane hangar outside of Boston to evaluate compliance with applicable federal, state and local environmental requirements and assist in the planning for future compliance activities. Subsequent to the initial audits, GeoInsight has continued to provide on-going EHS and compliance services.