EHS Auditing and Development of the Facility’s EHS program
GeoInsight uses highly experienced Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) auditors to complete auditing support services to our clients. From the auditing activities, we develop a matrix of prioritized findings to guide the development of the Facility’s EHS programs. Our auditing expertise includes the areas of: air; hazardous waste; solid waste; wastewater; stormwater; hazardous and universal waste; oil and hazardous material release prevention; water supply, cross connections, and underground injection; aboveground and underground storage tanks; chemical inventory, management, and reporting; and oil management, storage, disposal, and spill control. We obtain, review, and interpret readily available information about the Facility and its operations and identify existing environmental aspects that need to be addressed under applicable environmental regulations.
Auditing We helped the Facilities use Auditing to develop a focused corrective action program. From the Audit, we prepared a summary matrix that will include: the name of the major regulatory programs that apply to the Facility; the specific regulatory citations; a brief description of the specific regulation; an applicability determination; and comments and/or recommendations for compliance.
Comprehensive EHS support services We provide environmental, health, and safety (EHS) support, including: EHS program development, on-site training, and compliance reporting including Tier II, Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT), and Air Source Registration.
Based upon the recommendations from the auditing tasks, GeoInsight provided the Facility staff with training, which included:
- Right-to Know Act (i.e., Hazardous Communication);
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC);
- Hazardous Waste Management; and
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention.
Facility specific training program slides and materials were developed, as recommended from the compliance Audit findings, so that they may be used for future training classes presented by Facility personnel.
Scope of Services
- Comprehensive Auditing Support
- EHS Training Services
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Planning
- Annual Compliance Reporting
GeoInsight has provided the Insurance Company facilities with environmental auditing, compliance, and Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Training support for more than seven years. The Facilities include a 30,000 square foot airplane hangar, for their private jet services out of Hanscom, and two high rise office buildings located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts. The facilities include underground diesel fuel storage tanks, emergency engines, underground jet engine fuel storage tanks, battery storage facilities, and heating plants.
GeoInsight provides annual compliance auditing for some of the Facilities. In addition, GeoInsight files annual Tier II inventory reports, develops Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC), and Air Source Registration Reporting to the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP).
GeoInsight also completes annual EHS training to the Facility Personnel. For the training, GeoInsight develops site-specific programs, on-site presentations, and hands-on exercises. Focused training is also provided for site-specific issues that are identified from facility auditing activities. Criteria targeted in our training programs includes educating trainees on:
- The roles and responsibilities of personnel to maintain environmental programs and initiatives;
- Implementing environmental monitoring programs (i.e., “how to” collect stormwater samples);
- Understanding facility-specific operations and impacts to permitting requirements;
- Preparing for the event of an environmental spill, including incident control and notifications;
- Completing and documenting required inspections of the facilities; and
- Maintaining training and training documentation of facility personnel.